Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are an agreement between the shipper and their authorized agents, (hereinafter referred to as “Shipper”) and CheapShot Auto Movers LLC. These Terms and Conditions will apply to and be made part of all orders submitted to CheapShot Auto Movers LLC by the Shipper.
Shipper or Shipper’s Agent warrants that he/she is the registered legal shipper of the vehicle(s), or that he/she has been duly authorized by the legal shipper to enter into this Agreement.
CheapShot Auto Movers LLC is fully licensed and bonded and registered with the USDOT. Therefore, the Shipper agrees and understands that CheapShot Auto Movers LLC is a registered transportation and property broker. It is acting in the capacity of a broker. Thus, the Shipper allows CheapShot Auto Movers LLC to contract with other licensed and insured Motor Carrier(s), (henceforth referred to as “Carrier”). These Carriers will then transport the vehicle(s) defined within the shipping order.
In completing a transaction with CheapShot Auto Movers LLC, the Shipper understands and agrees to the following terms. In addition, the Shipper waives any claims based on not reading or understanding these terms and conditions. The shipper will not hold CheapShot Auto Movers LLC responsible for any costs or fees that arise due to not reading, understanding, or having knowledge of the contract terms for CheapShot Auto Movers LLC detailed below.
Origin and Destination
1. The Shipper provides authorization to CheapShot Auto Movers LLC to arrange transportation from the point of origin to the point of destination as specified in the shipping request.
2. In addition, the Carrier, which will be assigned by CheapShot Auto Movers LLC, is authorized to transport the Shipper’s motor vehicle(s) from the locations designated for pickup and drop off. These locations shall be determined within the shipping request and Bill of Lading.
3. The Carrier will pick up and deliver the Shipper’s vehicle(s) as close to the Shipper’s requested locations as possible. This shall be done at the Carrier’s discretion according to safety concerns and legalities. If necessary, due to any unsafe conditions (ex. low hanging trees, narrow streets, hanging wires, etc.) or legal concerns (ex. restricted areas, etc.), then a new location will be agreed upon with the Shipper and Carrier.
4. CheapShot Auto Movers LLC agrees to make all efforts possible to provide the most expedient shipment of described vehicle(s) insofar as they will not compromise its standard of safety or quality. Delays can occur prior to and/or during shipment due to any unforeseen conditions. This could include traffic conditions, mechanical failure and weather. As such, there are no guarantees for pickup or delivery times and dates.
5. CheapShot Auto Movers LLC will not be held responsible for any costs of damages or losses that occur due to delays of any kind. In addition, CheapShot Auto Movers LLC cannot be held liable for the failure of mechanical or operating parts of the Shipper’s vehicle.
Shipping of Vehicle
6. The Shipper is responsible for preparing their vehicle(s) for transportation and presenting vehicle(s) to the Carrier in good running condition. The Shipper must remove and/or secure any loose parts, remove any outside mounted storage or racks. Additionally, the Shipper is responsible for completely disarming any alarm systems installed in the vehicle or the shipper must provide remote to the alarm system. In the event the car alarm sounds, the Carrier is required to silence the alarm by any means deemed reasonable and effective.
7. In addition, if any part of the vehicle falls off during the transport, it is the responsibility of the Shipper, not the Carrier. This includes any damages resulting from those parts to any vehicles(s) and/or person involved.
8. If the vehicle detailed on the shipping request is inoperable, oversized or modified (ex. dual or oversized wheels, lifted, racks, extra-large, limo, etc.), an additional charge will apply. If CheapShot Auto Movers LLC or the Carrier is not advised of inoperable or oversized vehicle(s) prior to pick-up, any extra charges will be added as C.O.D. charges at time of delivery. An additional fee of up to $300.00 will be added.
Transporting Personal Items
9. The Shipper may place personal items inside the vehicle to be shipped along with the vehicle, not to exceed 100 pounds, without additional cost. Both the Carrier and CheapShot Auto Movers LLC are not liable for any personal possessions left within the vehicle and neither are liable for any damages caused to the vehicle due to excessive or improper loading of said personal possessions.
10. The Carrier will never ship or agree to ship any dangerous or harmful personal possessions in the Shipper’s vehicle(s). This includes, but is not limited to explosives, firearms, ammunition, flammable materials, negotiable or legal papers, narcotics, alcoholic beverages, jewelry, money, live pets, etc. Essentially, no items will be transported that are considered illegal or dangerous. And, the Shipper agrees that CheapShot Auto Movers LLC or the Carrier is authorized to remove and/or dispose of said dangerous items. If this occurs, no compensation will be given to the Shipper.
11. In addition, both the Carrier and CheapShot Auto Movers LLC will not be held responsible for delivery of any personal possessions. If the Shipper wants to leave anything in the vehicle, it is at the Shipper’s own risk.
12. For all orders placed through CheapShot Auto Movers LLC, a non-refundable deposit is required at the time of confirmed dispatch to a carrier. The deposit amount is calculated based on the type of vehicle and distance of shipment. This deposit is considered the payment to CheapShot Auto Movers LLC for services rendered.
Once CheapShot Auto Movers LLC has selected, assigned, and dispatched a Carrier for the Shipper’s shipping order, CheapShot Auto Movers LLC will notify the Shipper based on the contact information given during the booking process. The remainder of the payment is due to the Carrier at the time of delivery.
13. Before the delivery, acceptable forms of payment should be discussed and agreed upon between the Shipper and the Carrier. The funds must be made payable to the delivering Carrier and not to CheapShot Auto Movers LLC.
14. If the Shipper is unable to make the payment by the agreed upon means, the Shipper understands that the vehicle will then be stored, at Shipper’s expense. The vehicle will be held until the Shipper pays all transport and storage charges in full. In addition, if the Shipper (or the Shipper’s selected agent) is unable to accept the delivery for any reason, the vehicle will also be stored. Then, any storage and/or re-delivery charges will be the responsibility of the Shipper.
15. In cases of dispute, the Shipper agrees to pay the full price of the shipment that is owed to the Carrier in full. If there are any issues, such as a damage claim, the Shipper must note them on the Bill of Lading and the Shipper will file a claim with the Carrier’s insurance. This is considered a separate matter than the payment for transportation services.
Claims and Damages
16. Both the Shipper and the Carrier must thoroughly inspect the vehicle for any pre-existing damages (to the exterior only) at the time of the pickup and complete a vehicle inspection report recorded on the Bill of Lading. Both the Carrier and Shipper must acknowledge and agree upon the condition of the vehicle at this time. The Shipper must sign the Bill of Lading and will receive a copy after it is signed.
17. At the time the vehicle is delivered, the Shipper, with the Carrier present, should thoroughly inspect the vehicle again, looking for any damages that may have occurred during the transportation process. The Carrier and Shipper must both acknowledge and agree on the current condition of the vehicle. After, the Shipper will sign and receive a final copy of the Bill of Lading.
18. If there are any damages, they must be written on the Bill of Lading in the designated area and the Shipper must sign the Bill of Lading. If the Shipper signs both the Bill of Lading and the inspection report without noting any damages, that means that the Shipper has agreed and verified that they received the vehicle in an acceptable condition. This also verifies that the Carrier no longer is responsible or liable for anything involving the Shipper’s vehicle. Pursuant to Federal Highway Administration law, any claim for damage(s) must be taken up directly with the Carrier. The claim must be submitted to the Carrier within five (5) days of delivery, in writing, specifying damage claimed. The claim must be accompanied by two (2) written estimates for repair and photographs of claimed damage as well as a signed copy of the Bill of Lading where the damage was documented upon delivery.
19. The Carrier is required by law to carry a Cargo and Liability Insurance policy. CheapShot Auto Movers LLC will provide the details of the Carrier’s insurance policy to the Shipper upon request. However, the Shipper agrees that CheapShot Auto Movers LLC will not be held liable for any property damage claims to the Shipper’s vehicle. The liabilities fall upon the Carrier and the Carrier’s insurance. CheapShot Auto Movers LLC nor the Carrier will be held responsible for damage caused by forces of nature or any damages that occur due to worn/broken parts of the vehicle or added personal property.
20. In addition, the Shipper also agrees and understands that CheapShot Auto Movers LLC is only responsible for acquiring a Carrier for the shipment of the Shipper’s vehicle/property. Therefore, it is the Carrier that accepts all responsibility of the vehicle after the first inspection is completed and the Shipper signs the Bill of Lading. After the vehicle is delivered, the final inspection is completed, and the Shipper signs the Bill of Lading, the Carrier is no longer responsible.
21. If the Shipper is unavailable to be present at the point of pickup or delivery for any reason, they must elect another person to act as their agent. Even when designating an agent, the Shipper understands that all the same terms and conditions apply.
22. The Shipper has the option to cancel a transportation order with CheapShot Auto Movers LLC prior to the dispatch to the carrier and the deposit will be refunded. After dispatch, the deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE.
23. If the Shipper chooses to cancel their order, they must contact CheapShot Auto Movers LLC as soon as possible.
24. The Shipper agrees that CheapShot Auto Movers LLC has the right to reject or cancel any order at its sole discretion.
25. According to this agreement, CheapShot Auto Movers LLC is relieved from any and all actual or alleged causes of action, loss, liability, claims, demands, injuries, and/or damages (to persons or property). CheapShot Auto Movers LLC is not responsible regardless if these are brought and imposed by a court of law or by the administrative action of any federal, state, or local agency, as a result of any acts, negligence, omissions, or willful misconduct of CheapShot Auto Movers LLC or the Carrier (or any personnel, agents, or connected parties). This includes, without limitation, the payment of any penalties, fines, attorney’s fees, or other related expenses, in addition to any reimbursements to the Company for all legal expenses and costs incurred by it.
26. Any shipment booked by the Shipper through CheapShot Auto Movers LLC is subject to these Terms and Conditions, as well as to the terms specified in the Bill of Lading.
27. In addition, these terms shall override all previous written or oral communication between CheapShot Auto Movers LLC and the Shipper. Once a Shipper books the services of CheapShot Auto Movers LLC, they have agreed to all terms.
SHIPPER HAS READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON ALL THREE PAGES AND AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THEM AS AN INTEGRAL PART OF THIS SHIPPING ORDER AND THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.